Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar x type: my 02 jag x type turn ign on lights work dash

Customer Question

my 02 jag x type turn ign on lights work dash engine wont turn over jump starter with a screwdriver engine turns over wont turn from switch
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
SO right now the engine will no t crank at all? Will the shifter release from park with the ignition ON and foot on the brake? What does the security LED do on the console when you turn the ignition ON?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the led comes on for.a few seconds then it.goes off will not release from park
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok we should first check the battery and cable connections as low voltage can cause this. Next we need to make sure the inertia switch has not tripped. It is located behind the passenger side lower kick panel. There should be a hole in the panel where you can put your finger through to depress the top of it to reset it. We can also try disconnecting the negative battery terminal cable to reset the control modules. Let me know.