Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Richard, my 2009 Jaguar XF will not start. Dead battery.

Customer Question

Hi Richard, my 2009 Jaguar XF will not start. Dead battery. Have tried jumping it and the lights, air-conditioning, windshield wipers etc. will come on but the car will not start.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Sometimes the battery will need to be fully charged or replaced if it has a bad cell. The vehicle will shut down due to the low voltage when trying to crank. First make sure no warnings come on when you press the start switch with your foot off the brake. Then with the ignition ON you will see a warning that says press brake when starting. Depress the brake pedal and make sure that warning goes away. If so then the battery may just need to be replaced. Let me know.