peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Jaguar XJ6: My 97 xj6 hesitates going into 4th gear witch throws

Customer Question

My 97 xj6 hesitates going into 4th gear witch throws a trans code P1775 and sometime the engine light comes on as well. If I turn off the car and back on the trans light goes off, but the engine light must be cleared. Just got it out of the shop and $600.00 later it almost made it home before going into limp mode new plugs new injector seals new air filter new fuel filter and cleaned out the EGR. Any suggestions. The mechanic wants me to bring it back, but I can guess as good as the next guy. Any real mechanics out ther
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also have a P0734 generic gear 4 incorrect ratio. The P1775 freeze frame fuel sys 1 cl, fuel sys2 cl, calc load (%) 41.9, ect (F) 221, STFT b1 (%) 6.2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LTFT B1 (%) -0.7, STFT B2 (%) 4.6, LTFT B2 (%) -0.7, Eng RPM 1771, Veh Speed (mph) 40.
that info is off my CanOBO2+ABS tool model 3150
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This type of fault here may be caused by an issue with the transmission valve body itself.I have seen the valve body act up/fail before in the past and cause issues like this here needing replaced.I would have a transmission repair facility check into the transmission to locate the cause for the fault here so it can be repaired properly.
Thanks Pete