Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XK8: 2004 Jag xk8. Alarm goes off intermittently on

Customer Question

2004 Jag xk8. Alarm goes off intermittently on the freeway and dash starts blinking
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Are you referring to the security alarm? What warnings are coming in and what lights are blinking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
customer states,
All the lights start blinking on the dash, doors wont lock, windows go up and down by them selves. a/c wont turn on, buzzer goes off in engine compartment. customer says its the security alarm and it happens intermittent.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have run into similar issues except for the alarm sounding. Check all the power and ground cables paying close attention to the one in the transmission tunnel. If you find it loose then remove the center console and you will see the 13mm nut may be loose on the cable on the passenger side. Also check for corrosion in the fuse box connectors.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, let me check it and i'll get back to you. Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok sounds good