Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar Xj8: I have a 2001 jaguar xj8 vanden plas and the back

Customer Question

I have a 2001 jaguar xj8 vanden plas and the back angle adjustment on the driver seat won't move forward the module don't make a sound when I try
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to find a way to temporarily move it forward jumper wire it to make it move forward just don't know what wires
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
We most likely have a problem with the seat module not controlling the rise and fall. Pin 3 and 4 of the 10 way black connector white/blue and yellow/green wires at the module. You can jump power and ground to the wires to move the seat. Reverse the wires to move the seat in the opposite direction.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The seat module is the thing you control the seats movement? I took that off to see but I think that's not what your saying. Where
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh module is the grey box under the seat lol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have step by step instructions on how to reverse the wire to make it move back
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
We will need to jump power and ground to those wires. We can try going right to the battery or the heelboard fuse box located behind the carpet cover in between the rear seat and floor. JUmp one of the seat wires to power and the other to ground and the seat should move. then swap the wires to move the seat in the other direction.