Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Jaguar XJ6: Got a xj6 from 1997 in great shape and low miles

Customer Question

Got a xj6 from 1997 in great shape and low miles for its age. The radio/cd has been acting up. Lately it just plays and you can not turn it off or control volume. Then another day I can turn it off and so on it acts up sporadically. Other times sounds is very scratchy and other times when the passenger front door is opened and closed hard the sounds is no longer scratchy and clear. And this also is on or off depending on the day. The 5-cd changer is in the trunk. It's a "poltergeist" situation her where it acts up depending on day. Then some days it's just fine. I have not taken it to the jaguar shop yet as each time I walk in its $1000 minimum they just to walk in want and my car otherwise is fine and well taken care off by a long time mechanic I have.
What is stereo model of that car? Should I get a new one or its a loose wire somewhere??? Txt.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hello the head units were made for Jaguar by either Panasonic or Blaupunkt so what I'd recommend is getting in touch with your local stereo repair shop and see if they can help however what you will probably find is its far cheaper to replace with a new unit , plus these days you can get ones that provide hands-free phone operation and blue tooth to your phone , as well as hooking up to memory sticks etc
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hi do you still need help?