Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Yes I attached a code scanner to my 2011 XJL jaguar when trying

Customer Question

Yes I attached a code scanner to my 2011 XJL jaguar when trying to start car nothing happen. the dash read No smart key found
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Do your hazard lights work? Does the remote unlock the vehicle? When you open the door does the Jaguar logos come on the cluster and touchscreen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes to all but one question the remote won't lock or unlock doors
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok good. Locate the trunk switch on the left hand side of the dash. Take your key and with the buttons facing you place the key right up to the dash under that switch and press the start button a few times to see if it will turn on. You can also try holding the start button with the key in that position. The key may be faulty, battery in the key dead or another security problem. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No luck, the cluster screen still says "Smart Key not found check hand book" any other advise??
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I see in your question you refer to hooking up a scan tool. Did the problem start after doing that? Will the trunk open with either switch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we plug in the code scanner and then try to start it but nothing happen, however the truck opens but only when truck release in press the one on the car... remote doesn't work anything.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok open the trunk and disconnect just the negative battery terminal cable for about an hour. In that time try charging the battery in case the voltage is low. Let me know.