Mike, Diagnostic Technician for 30 years
Experience:  Technican - Business owner and Diagnostics for 34 years +..
9261905

Jaguar Vanden Plas: I replaced the fuel filter on my 1994 Jag

Customer Question

I replaced the fuel filter on my 1994 Jag VDNP and now the car will not keep running under any load. It acts like a Vapor Lock. Any help?
Thanks, Tom
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Prior to replacing the filter the Jag was very hard to start when cold . When it would start it had to warm up in order to start easy.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome - My name s MIKE - Im happy to help...sorry to see you have had a wait.Given the car has stood so long, you could well have grub in the tank and in the lines - I would suggest that to start with - remove the filter again - and clean the lines back through with an air line... Then check the tank- remove the fuel gauge sender unit off the tank so that you can inspect inside the tank -for grub etc.. and to inc checking the pick up for the fuel as well...I would then suggest to clean the tank through regardless of what you see - as you cant see it all - wash with new fuel - and wash the lines through too.. Fit another new filter - check to be sure its sealing corrrectly - as that can be an issue too... with doing all the above, Im sure you will cure this.Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that ... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -- Best Rgds, MIKE.