Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XJ8: dash warning lights stay on after removing the

Customer Question

dash warning lights stay on after removing the key. I replaced the electronic ignition switch but still same problem.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
What warnings are staying on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all of them. This guy had the same problem but not sure of the resolution.http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/xj-xj8-xjr-x308-27/xj8-electrical-problem-warning-lights-all-time-137188/Also how do i bypass the trunk open light ? all this for 99 xj8Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if you know jaguar electronics you are a very important person. I have the electronics pdf for the 99 xj8. Do you want it?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Does it display all those warnings like the picture in that post.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will look through my wiring diagram and post some tests.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok Thank you. I would keep the car if I had someone who knew the electronics of If I could figure it out. It is too bad that the electronics department drove that car company out of business and the stupid managers let it happen.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I will post some tests when I get back into the shop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a little confused. I did not receive an answer to the question. Does this mean that the technician declined to respond?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Looks like my post did not go through. I will resend it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not receive your post. Can you resend it or email it to me.
Thank You
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
First go near the battery and look for a single wire connector with a white/blue wire. This will not be plugged into anything but we do need to make sure it is not damaged. Next locate the driver side rear heelboard fuse box to check to make sure there is no corrosion there as well. It is located behind the carpet cover in between the rear seat cushion and floor. Remove fuse #14 (10 amp) and see if the lights go out.