Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar VP: 2005 Vanden Plas front air suspension problem.

Customer Question

2005 Vanden Plas front air suspension problem. L&R down equally but not completely down. Measuring the trim lines, front approx. 2" below rear. Pump runs but shuts off before front is all the way up. Also, pump cycles frequently. I have blocked left and right supply lines independently, but couldn't discover a leak on either side.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
We may have a weak compressor which does not have enough to keep the system up. When the compressor comes on listen for any kind of air leak at each wheel. Also try moving up the fender a little while the compressor is on to see if air escapes. If we do not have a leak and the reservoir and valve block located in the trunk under the spare tire are jot leaking I suspect that the compressor is not functioning properly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a weak compressor would lift the rear to height, but not the front?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes due to the extra weight in the front. We do really need to make sure there is jot a small leak.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After sitting for days, if I crack the supply lines at either front, I still have some pressure. Does the compressed air come to both fronts directly from the compressor or is there a distribution block?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It comes from the valve block in the trunk under the spare.