Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XF: Richard...2010 XF owner here...my the light

Customer Question

Hi Richard...2010 XF owner here...my the idiot light says my truck is open. It isn't and it is unresponsive to remote unlock or pressing on the unlock button. The only way to get the trunk to open is with the manual key. Also, due to this, I am unable to lock or arm the car because it thinks that the trunk is open...which it is not. What to do?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
We most likely have a problem with the wire harness in the trunk. The wires are most likely broken in the loom going from the trunk lid to the body. The short kink harness can be replaced as it is difficult pulling the loom away to find the wires and all the wires are black.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Richard. What does a "short kink harness" look like? Where is it located? Can I purchase a replacement one online? Thank you for your thoughtful response.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry meant to write short link harness. Here is the link for the bulletin.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aq01kzfslezg44n/XF%20trunk%20harness%20JTB.pdf?dl=0