Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar Type S R: 2003 S typedoors open but trunk switch will

Customer Question

2003 S typedoors open but trunk switch will not activate
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
If the alarm is going off then the trunk will not open or the battery may be weak. There is a trunk lock cylinder on the underside of the trunk lid above the license plate. It is under the U on that chrome blade. Using the key may also free up a sticking trunk lock. Let me know.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If that does not work we can try removing the bolts on the bottom of the rear seat back and lift it up to see if we can pull the handle to fold them down, retrieve the keys or get to the emergency release if fitted.