Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar S-Type: Richard. I have a 2003 Jaguar S type.

Customer Question

Hello Richard. I have a 2003 Jaguar S type. Almost all the warning lights keep coming on the dash. The screens keep going blank. Even the MPH went to zero. At one point it wouldn't go out of park. Also to confuse the issue, while trying to start it, i wiggled the starter wire and pinged around starter and it started. Don't know if that helped but it happened to start. Turn signals stop then head lights then somehow they all come back on. Any ideas. I just bought the car. It looks and dives like new. The battery cable was loose as it gets. Tightened that.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
It does sound like a battery voltage issue. Look closely at the cable connections going to the starter, alternator and all fuse boxes. When the problem occurs we need to check the voltage throughout the vehicle to see if there is a power loss. We also should disconnect the negative battery terminal cable and try recharging the battery. Let me know.