Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

SAJJA42C6YNA07117

Customer Question

SAJJA42C6YNA07117
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Do you have a question regarding your Jaguar XK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SAJJA42C6YNA07117 ... did you receive my question????? ..... I received no answer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I just see your VIN but no question has been posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK ... here it is again .... my 2000 XK8 ... shifter works well on the right P to D side ... but when i go to put it in manual 4th I hit a hard detent and then it appears to be in 4th before it hits the corner .... 2nd and 3rd are aligning way to low on the position indicator ..... cable is allright ... can the shifter be repaired ???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or adjusted
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately there really is no adjustment on the shifter. If we are certain the cable is jot binding then the shifter will need to be repaired. The other issue is that these are not services as an assembly and a lot of the parts are no longer available. For the parts I recommend coventrywest.com, jagbits.com, welshent.com, or motorcarsltd.com as they specialize in Jag parts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What parts would I need to fix the shifter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What parts typically go bad in the shifter .... making is not line up with the SHift plate and causing hard detent into 4th
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would this unit help fix it ????http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaguar-Shifter-Assembly-Xj8-Vdp-Xk8-97-03-PARTS-/201374162541?fits=Year%3A2000|Model%3AXK8&hash=item2ee2d5de6d&vxp=mtr
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes that does appear to be the part inside the shifter. There is a plate on it with the mechanism.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you giver me instructions on how to rebuild the shifter and install it ?????
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
There really is no service procedure but let me see if I can find a diagram.