sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Jaguar Xtype: My 2004 Jaguar passenger side door no longer

Customer Question

My 2004 Jaguar passenger side door no longer automatically locks …what can I do?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!
It sounds as if you have a failed lock actuator, which is integral to the door latch. The power lock not working could be a wiring or actuator issue but if you're also having trouble locking it by hand that indicates an actuator issue.
If it doesn't want to move by hand then the latch will need to be replaced. You can check for power and ground at the actuator while pressing the lock switch to make sure there isn't also an electrical issue, but not being able to lock manually indicates mechanical failure of the actuator.