sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My jaguar 2004 x-type oil light is on and the gas pedal won't

Customer Question

My jaguar 2004 x-type oil light is on and the gas pedal won't respond. I just had oil put in about three/four weeks ago
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

You most likely have two separate issues.

The oil light will come on when pressure is low, either due to an internal engine issue, lack of oil, or an issue with the oil sender. It's possible that pressure is fine and the light is coming on when it shouldn't.

Have you checked the oil level?

Are there any abnormal noise from the engine?

Have you checked for fault codes in the engine controller?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tanks for the information. No, I have not checked the oil level, but, will do that today. The engine is NOT making any strange noises...the engine sounds normal and the last time I drove the car, the engine was working fine.

The oil level should be checked before running the engine again. If pressure is actually low then engine damage is occurring. If the level is good and you don't her any abnormal noise then odds are the sender is the issue.