Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

Jaguar X-Type: Jaguar 2.0 D 2005 is having starting problems

Customer Question

Jaguar 2.0 D 2005 is having starting problems when enginen is hot. ECU has been reprogrammed sometimes earlier. One injector is leaking. if I have a new one, ECU should be reprogrammed but now tehy cannot get touch with the ECU. A new ECU installed would cost 1800E in Finnish main Jaguar carage in Espoo near Helsinki.
Is it wise to buy a ECU in EBay and have it installed with a new injector and then reprogrammed? IN Espoo tehey said that the car's number should match with teh ECU/ECM. How can I choose the right one?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Kevin hot start problems are almost always caused by fuel issues as the fuel gets thinner as it warms making it harder to build pressure u say you have an injector leaking?