Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar x type: My x type won't start. Flashing code shows me

Customer Question

My x type won't start. Flashing code shows me code 23.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
I assume the engine will not crank? Any warning lights or messages on? If an auto will the shifter release from park with the ignition on and foot on the brake?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Engine not crank, manual gearbox , blink code 23.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok this means the ECM key id does not match the cluster. Could be a security programming issue with the cluster or power and ground issue. I recommend we first try locking then unlocking the vehicle using the key in the driver door lock cylinder to see if it resets. If not we have to have the immobilization setup done with the Jag factory tool. We also should make sure the inertia switch did not trip. It is located behind the right side lower kick panel. There should be a hole in the panel where you can put your finger through to reset it. Let me know.