Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar stype 2003 stypei: My 2003 s/type jaguar sometimes while

Customer Question

My 2003 s/type jaguar sometimes while driving and I eccelerate it will not take the gas freely it hesitate like it wants to shut off like there's a blockage in the line disallowing the gas from flowing steadly
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Do you have a V6 or V8 engine? Is the engine light or any other warning light or message on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a V8 yes a red light came on the last time it wouldn't take the ecceleration and there are other warning lights showing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok we may have a problem with the electronic throttle system causing this. Since all the warning messages are on there should be fault codes stored that need to be read with a jag factory tool. We can try using a generic OBD II scan tool to see if we can read fault codes from the ECM. If the code is a P0121 or P2135 then the throttle is most likely the problem. Let me know.