Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XK: Richard. You have helped in the past. Thank

Customer Question

Hello Richard. You have helped in the past. Thank you
2008 Jaguar XK. Onboard computer simply blacked out all of a sudden while commuting back from work today.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Are you referring to the navigation screen? Did it reset to a gray screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes center console main monitor with nav, trip, radio, AC, etc... 2008 XK Coupe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not reset to grey I would say. Just driving along glancing at it every 2 minutes or so and next time I glance the screen was 'off' displaying nothing. Stop start car and still no screen
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok right now is the screen still black? When this occurs do you also lose sound from the audio system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct. Loose sound to radio as well. Screen still black.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok this may be a problem with the screen itself or another control module on the infotainment network. The was a software update to the screen which should be done first. The dealer will have to do this for you to see if the update has not been done. We also should check all the connections to the audio modules in the trunk next to the battery. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Richard. Will look into trunk connection myself. then will ask dealer about the update. Going on a 10 days business trip so will not be for a while... Also this morning the screen is working and all day too. When it went dark on me, I was stuck in 2 hrs 30 minutes of traffic stop and go at average speed of 5-10 mph with lots of standing still iddling...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me know.