Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar S TYPE: RICHARD, I'M STILL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS

Customer Question

HI RICHARD, I'M STILL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS 03 JAGUAR S TYPE, I'M GETTING A PARKBRAKE FAULT, ENGINE FAULT, DSC NOT AVAILABLE PLUS THE THROTTLE BODY/PTS SENSOR IS NOT WORKING
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Can you tell me if we know the stored fault codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

P1000, P0122, P0222, P1229

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Were these the same codes before replacing the throttle. Was the throttle replaced with a new part.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Same codes and the part is used

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
OK I am thinking we may have a wiring problem or problem with the ECM. Go to the sensor connector which is the four wire connector. With a digital multimeter place the red lead of your meter to the orange/yellow wire pin 4 and place the black lead to pin 1 black/green. With the ignition ON we should see 5 volts. If so then leave the black lead alone and move the red to the other wires. While an assistant slowly depresses the throttle we should see a steady rise in voltage. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK RICHARD, WE GET 5 VOLTS FROM PIN # ***** AND PIN # ***** BUT NOTHING HAPPENS WITH PIN # ***** AND PIN # ***** OR WITH PIN # ***** AND PIN # *****

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok look to see if the throttle plate is moving with the ignition on and an assistant depresses the gas pedal. If so and we do not get a voltage change then the throttle is defective. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It doesn't move

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY ANSWER

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok make sure the motor connector is not damaged. Then with the ignition off see if the throttle moves freely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The throttle moves freely and the motor connector looks fine

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Make sure fuse #18 (20 amp) in the engine fuse box has power. Then make sure that the connector to the ECM in the passenger rear of the engine compartment is clean and secure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THERE IS NO POWER ON FUSE # ***** AND THE CONNECTOR TO THE ECM LOOKS FINE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

COME ON I NEED AN ANSWER HERE, WHY DON'T YOU GO AHEAD AND CHARGE ME THE NINE DOLLARS MORE AND SPEED UP THE PROCESS, I DON'T WANT TO SPEND THE ENTIRE DAY WAITING FOR A SINGLE ANSWER

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Remove relay R4 in that front fuse box and make sure we have power at pins 1 and 3 of the relay socket connector. If you do then jump pins 3 and 5 to see if we have power to the fuse and the throttle moves.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I REMOVED RELAY # ***** THERE IS POWER ON PINS # ***** AND 87 BUT THERE ISN'T POWER ON PINS # ***** AND 85, I JUMPED PINS 30 AND 87 AND I COULDN'D GET POWER ON FUSE # *****

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Look again at the relay socket. Pin 30 should have power at all times and pin 86 should have power with the ignition on. Then if that is ok jump pins 30 and 87 to see if we have power to fuse 18.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK YOU WERE RIGHT, PIN 30 AND 86 HAVE POWER AND I GOT POWER TO FUSE # ***** BY JUMPING PINS 30 AND 87, HOWEVER THE THROTTLE STILL DOESN'T MOVE

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok there may be a problem with the ECM. The ECM energizes the throttle relay and also moves the throttle. We should check all the other fuses in the engine box with the ignition on to make sure they all have power.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok all the fuses have power except for # ***** by the way I was trying to remove the ECM's connector and I need a special kind of tool to remove it, any idea were I can get it? I have tried many places and nobody has it.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is a special 5 point tamper torx. It definitely will be hard to find. The size is a T30P.
http://www.amazon.com/5-Point-TORX-Tamper-Proof-Bit-Set/dp/B007SOODHC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI RICHARD!

I FINALLY GOT THE SPECIAL TOOL TO REMOVE THE ECM CONNECTOR, EVERYTHING LOOKS PERFECT, THERE ISN'T SIGN OF DAMAGE TO THE CONNECTOR OR TO THE ECM.

WHAT'S NEXT?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me look again through the wiring diagram.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'M STILL WAITING!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Check the block connector on the passenger side held together by the 10 mm bolt to make sure it is clean and secure. Locate pin 134 green/blue at the ECM and with the relay pins jumped so fuse 18 has power see if power is present at that pin at the ECM.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what is the block connector?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

and yes pin 134 (green/blue) of the ecm connector has power with the ignition on and the relay pins jumped

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard I'm still waiting for my answer

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes that block connector is located in the passenger rear engine compartment near the shock tower. Also test all the other fuses in the fuse boxes to see if any others do not have power with the ignition ON.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I checked the block connector and everything looks perfect and I also checked all the fuses and all of them have power with the ignition on except for # *****

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Go back to the throttle relay again and remove it. On pin 3 we should have power at all times. On pin 1 we should have power with the ignition on. If so then disconnect the ECM. Jump pin 3 to pin 5 so we then have power at fuse #18. If so then see if we have power to pin 134 green/blue at the ECM. If so then jump relay pin 3 to pin 2 and see if we have power to pin 52 green/red at the ECM.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes to all.

by jumping pin 3 and pin 5 we get power on fuse 18 and pin 134 of the ECM, and we get power on pin 52 of the ECM by jumping pins 3 and 2

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok then it looks like the problem may be in the ECM. Disconnect the throttle and see if fuse 18 has power after an ignition cycle. Make sure you disconnect both throttle connectors. If we still do not have power it could be the ECM. The problem is if a new or used one is installed it must be programmed otherwise the engine will not crank. Jag would have to program it in the vehicle.