Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XJ: steering wheel vibrates on new 2015 XJ. had tires

Customer Question

steering wheel vibrates on new 2015 XJ. had tires rebalanced twice. dealer even put on new set of continental 245/40 r19 924[h] and road force balanced them. vibration reduced but not eliminated. bought many luxury cars in the past and never had this issue before. what can the problem be.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Do you feel this vibration in the steering wheel or floor? At what speeds do you feel it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vibration occurs almost immediately . have not noticed it on the floor. vibration is experienced in the front passenger seat. my tel no. is(###) ###-####if you prefer to talk
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok you may feel a very slight vibration at highway speeds on these due to the chassis and the tires. I recommend you drive another 2015 with a dealer representative and see if the other vehicle has the same vibration. If it does not then have them swap the wheel and tires from that vehicle to your vehicle to see if this changes anything. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
drove two other 2015s with reps. they had the same problem. is this a problem endemic to this luxury car? is it a problem with the design. never had a luxury car that exhibited this annoying problem. have others complained of this problem?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I would not say this is a problem but it is something that is felt on these vehicles. I suspect it may be due to the tires themselves in conjunction with the vehicle chassis. Yes others have said they do feel some vibration in the vehicle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how would the chassis cause a vibration? would changing to a v rated tire solve the problem. don't want to spend over 1k on a new set of tires to find it makes not difference. you say others have experienced the same problem. where can I read about this complaint and how long has this been a problem. only 2015s?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The design of the suspension along with the tires can cause this slight feeling at higher speeds. Cannot say this is specific to 2015. A softer tire like a Michelin may improve this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you say that others have complained about this problem. please tell me where I can I find the literature on this subject. I would like to review it with before speaking with Jaguar directly.thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately this is not something available to the general public.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I am unavailable for a phone conversation at this time but we can continue through the [email protected]
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why is this info not available. Can u give me the name and address for the president of Jaguar so I can ask him to personally address this problem. from your last answer it appears Jaguar DOES have a problem with steering vibration but either will not or cannot solve the problem. otherwise why would they attempt top keep the information from both the general public and Jaguar owners?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The customers who have expressed concern about this issue are not logged in any kind of database and are not public knowledge do to the privacy act.
You should contact the customer relations center at 1800 4 JAGUAR and hopefully your issues can be resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if others have had the problem but the information is not public can u at least tell me what Jaguar has done to solve the customers' problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Honestly it varies case by case. This is why you need to contact the customer relations center. Between them and the factory representative they will try to resolve the problem with the assistance from the dealer or provide other options.