Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar X-Type: I am taking the thermostat housing But the fan

Customer Question

I am taking the thermostat housing But the fan is on the way
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
You can split the assembly into two parts as there is a retaining ring that I remove then remove the housing from the bottom. Follow the rubber house as it changes to plastic and you will see this retainer. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already split the housing but screw are too long and house hitting the fan motor can I remove screws holding the thermostat house or remove the motor fan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Use an inverted torx to remove the studs as that is easier then pulling the fan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no torx studs holding the themostat housing it a 5 mm studs we are talking about a 2004 jaguar x-type
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok some have an inverted torx end. If you have the small hex on the end of the stud put a socket on it and they should un thread.