Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar S-Type: My S Type has water coming in on the bottom

Customer Question

My S Type has water coming in on the bottom of the door and a bit of damp on the carpet, I've replaced the outer long seal as this was spilt, I also have wind noise above 55mph on this side, suspect the inner door seal as this also is a bit perished
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Yes it does sound like the inner seal or possibly the seal on the inside of the door where the window channel is. There is also a drain on the bottom of the door that we need to make sure is not clogged. This would jot cause the wind noise but will cause the water leak. I have also seen instances where water leaks past the water shudder behind the door panel. If your vehicle is fitted with a sunroof the drains can also be clogged.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will check the drain at the bottom of the door and the window seals
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
OK sounds good.