Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XJL: I have a 2011 Jaguar XJL. The engine light is on

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Jaguar XJL. The engine light is on with a code of P0447 & P240A. A circuit test was done, purge valve replaced, checked for wiring defects & there are none. It states evaporative emission system vent is open. How should I proceed to get the engine out & what are the next test procedures? Does the car have an evaporative test port?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
We most likely have a problem with the leak pump on the canister. It is located above the rear subframe on the driver side. We need to make sure the electrical connector is clean and secure. Jag only sells the pump with the canister assembly.