Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XJR: Richard, I recently bought a 2002 Jaguar

Customer Question

Hi Richard,
I recently bought a 2002 Jaguar XJR and was driving it from Alabama to Arizona. There was coolent level low indication that came on several times during the trip,however I did have the level and condition of the fluid checked and it was all good. The temp never rose over half. Could this be a sending unit problem? Easy fix yes? Thanks
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Yes if the coolant level low warning comes on but the level is full this is usually a sensor problem. The sensor is in the tank but it is more likely a sticking float in the rank than the actual sensor. The sensor can be replaced separately if you wanted to try that first but like I said it is more likely the float so the tank would need to be replaced. Lets also make sure we check the level when the engine is cold like after sitting overnight. Let me know.