Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar 2005 S Type: My 2005 Jaguar S Type has dual climate

Customer Question

My 2005 Jaguar S Type has dual climate control. With A/C on I get cold air on driver side vents but hot air on passenger side even thought temper is at it's lowest setting. Can you tell me why and want need to be done.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
We may have a problem with the climate control module or heater valve provided the a/c system is working and the system presses are normal. Go to the left side dash and remove the side panel. You will see some connectors. We are looking for the green connector. Use a light and you will see each wire pin numbered. You are looking for the 14 way green connector. Make sure the key is off and disconnect it. With a voltmeter check for power on pins 9 (brown/green) and pin 10 (brown/white) on the harness side you disconnected. If power is present then leave the black lead of your meter to ground, reconnect that harness connector to the dash then start the engine and turn the climate control to full a/c. You should read low voltage on both pins and you should see it change as you increase/decrease the temp on both pins. If the voltage stays high you have a bad module and the valve is mist likely shorted.