Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Changed battery and transmission and abs error.

Customer Question

changed battery and transmission and abs error.
Category: Jaguar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dcs not available, transmission fault, abs fault. after replacing battery. and trying to jump dead battery
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
What year and model? Other than the warnings is the vehicle driving normally
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004 s type. The trans shifts fine but in drive it wont change gears. like it is stuck in first gear
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
traction control light is on dash and wont turn off also the manual shift does not work
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Lets disconnect just the negative battery terminal cable for about an hour to allow all the modules to reset. Reconnect it and start the engine to see what fault warnings return.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same result same error codes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like we may have a problem with the electronic throttle but it is strange this started after the battery. Please check the connections at the throttle. Then we will need to have the faults read with a compatible scan tool.