Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XJ8 L: Richard I have a 2000 jaguar xj8l I have

Customer Question

Hi Richard I have a 2000 jaguar xj8l I have been bothered with engine failsafe mode for the past month and today the car won't even crank over and am getting an error message in my air conditioning display plus track nt available gearbox fault and asc not available any thoughts for my problem Thank you in advance

Last time the engine cranked but no love this time. Got the maf changed recently too

Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Will the shifter release from park with the ignition on and foot on the brake? If so will it start in neutral?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No Richard the shifter was not releasing with my foot on the brake. Did a manual unlock from the panel but the car will not start on neutral

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok this sounds like a network communications fault. First with the ignition on see if the p on the shifter is illuminated red. We should also make sure the inertia switch did not trip. It is located behind the right side front kick panel. Just depress the top of it to reset it. We then would need to perform some tests with a scan tool to read fault codes and a digital multimeter to check power to all fuses under the hood, in the trunk and both rear heel board fuse boxes located behind the carpet panel in between the rear seat bottom cushion and floor. By checking for power this also checks the switched and system power relays. Let me know.