Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar S-Type: I have a 2000 S type 4.0 Jaguar. When starting

Customer Question

I have a 2000 S type 4.0 Jaguar. When starting the car in the morning the engine over heats (temp needle in red and computer read out on dash board reads high eng temp ) ,within 15 minutes . But within 15 minutes the temp needle returns to normal and I am able to drive car normally . Any ideas what this could be. and how much will the fix cost. Thank you
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Sounds like a false temperature warning caused by a bad sensor. We first need to make sure the engine is in fact not overheating. We will need to pressure test the system. If it holds pressure we need to confirm the electronic cooling fan is working properly and we do not have an issue with the thermostat or water pump.