Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XJ8: 2006 jag xj8 - Car has 140000 miles and needs lower

Customer Question

2006 jag xj8 - Car has 140000 miles and needs lower front control arm bushings..Teck guy says bushings have leaked out the oil and he cam only get the arms not the bushings. can the bushings be replaced? I will do the work if I can get the parts. last 7 digits vin sh00942. While I fix control arms. I intend to replace the air shocks.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Jag only sells the bushings as part of the lower arm. You can source them on the aftermarket but you will need a shop press to replace them. Also that is the caster adjustment so an alignment should be performed after. Sometimes you can mark the eccentric so it goes back in the same spot but again an alignment should be done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a press and will need to find a source for the replacement bushings. I noticed the vin on this jag never matches up with vins noted on parts when searching.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is it possible to also rebuild the stock jaguar struts. They leak especially when cold and the front end drops.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I have never rebuilt these shocks as I was never able to source those parts. Try this site for all your parts needs.
http://www.jagbits.com/category/XJ8_Suspension_5.html