Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as an Automotive tech
7276279

Jaguar XJS-V12: My 1988 XJS V-12 drops it's oil pressure from

Customer Question

My 1988 XJS V-12 drops it's oil pressure from 60 to 0 as soon as it warm's up. The v-12 still sounds and runs fine. It also has a small oil leak. The Jag only has 75,000 miles on it. HELP Jerry.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here
If you are not hearing any engine noise such as the lifter rattling then the problem is very likely caused by a failing oil pressure switch . To verify, remove the oil pressure switch and install a oil pressure gauge and monitor the oil pressure. If the pressure holds steady the suspect a failing sending unit.