Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

My 2007 jaguar was just serviced and now the fan in front of

Customer Question

my 2007 jaguar was just serviced and now the fan in front of the engine will not go off when the engine is shut off. getting hot in side the car.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
What model Jag? Can you tell me what was done? Was any reprogramming done to the Engine Control Module?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a 2007 XK convertible with only 16000 miles. the service rept says869913 reprogram existing ecm using ids/sdd. also because it would race to 3400 rpm when starting they "check the story in line a, programming cold start monitoring. also configure restraints control module using ids/sdd.After about 5 minutes the fan turned off. to my knowledge the fan never went on after the motor turned off???
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok yes since the engine control module was reprogrammed you will now notice the fans staying on after the vehicle is turned off during warm weather or if the air conditioning is on. This prevents a heat so and hot starting issue. This is normal and should not cause any problems.