Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XJ8: I have a 2004 xj8. Repaired the trunk acuator and

Customer Question

I have a 2004 xj8. Repaired the trunk acuator and the radiator reservoir today. Drove car a couple times and had no problem. Now I cannot start car and receive a "Restricted Performance" warning light.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com
Is the engine cranking normally but not starting or not even cranking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cranking normally
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok that is strange as I do not think this is related. Since it is cranking normally we can rule out a few things. I first recommend we check the connections to the mass air flow sensor on the air intake. Also check the connections to the throttle. If all are secure try spraying some carb cleaner into the air intake tube to see if the engine will start and run on the spray. We also should scan the vehicle to see if there are any stored fault codes. We need a compatible OBD II scan tool available at your local parts store to do this. Let me know.