Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XF Premium Luxury: richard, i have an xf on 59 plate,

Customer Question

Hi richard, i have an xf on 59 plate, i changed the batteries in both my fobs myself following the instructions to a t. got in the car and it is making funny sounds like locking and unlocking constantly. nothing comes on and can't press brake pedal down or shut the boot, what should i do. please help
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like there may be an issue with the vehicle battery. I recommend we check the connections there first to make sure they are clean and secure. We also should try boosting the battery. It is not recommended to install the booster directly to the negative terminal. You can install that to the spare wheel hold down or the exhaust muffler. Let me know.