Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Jaguar XKR: I have a 2000 XKR Coupe, I periodically get just

I have a 2000 XKR Coupe, I periodically get just the ABS light on. It will come on when I first start the vehicle then usually go away after a short time.

Also, I sometimes have indicator lights reading "Traction Control is Unavailable" ans "ACS".
I always drive with the traction control off to avoid using the system at all. But, sometimes these lights will appear when I first start the vehicle. They will stay on until I turn the vehicle off usually.

The car has just over 50k miles.

The dealer thinks it's the ABS module, and is quoting a repair price of about $3500.00

Any help would be very appreciated..

The battery was recently changed.
Hello and welcome to

When that warning comes on the ABS control module has detected a fault and stores a fault code. This code can only be read with a Jag factory tool. On your vehicle the control module itself has high failures which require replacement as well as the speed sensor and sensor harness. Of course no parts should be replaced until the faults are red. As far as the cost it will vary but if it is a faulty control module the part is expensive. There are rebuilt modules available. If th e fault code is a C1095 it is usually the module.