Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Jaguar XJ vanden plas: I have a 2004 Vanden Plas with 97k miles.

I have a 2004 Vanden Plas with 97k miles. Instrument cluster shows a 'air suspension fault', then proceeds to light up other faults such as; transmission, abs, brake fluid low, parking brake, DSC not available, etc. This had been an intermittent problem but now it occurs within minutes each time I start the car. When this happens the only working gauge is 'fuel'. The dash cluster was rebuilt 6 months ago, seemingly resolving the issue after a time.
Hello and welcome to

Can I have the last six of your VIN?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
I need an answer. Last 6 of VIN SG08900
Sorry for the delay.

I figured you had an early VIN. There were some issue with the wiring connector pins on some of the electrical connectors where they are loose not making solid contact. The repair was to replace these pins with new ones. Unfortunately a Jag factory tool is needed to determine which circuits and wires need to be checked. I can send over the info if you would like.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to get the information. It sounds like I need to take it to a Jag dealer? Cost estimate?

Figure about 4-6 hours labor but it depends on what faults are stored. I will send it over when I get back to the shop.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will send it to your shortly.