Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Jaguar S Type R: 2003 Jaguar S Type

I'm considering buying a 2003 Jaguar S Type R with 98K miles. Are these reliable? And what service should I look forward to with these miles? He is not the original owner. He is asking 7800. I will offer less. Thank you.

Here is the ad from craigslist.* 2003 Jaguar SType R 4.2L V8 Supercharged * 6 Speed Automatic * 98k miles * All Power options (windows, mirrors, seats, locks) * Sunroof * Black leather interior No rips No tears * Ice cold A/C * 6 CD Changer * Tires 85% tread * Great conditions In and Out * Clean title * No Accidents -

Hello and welcome to

I looked at the listing and it does look like a clean vehicle and is a Florida car which is good. I can tell you that the 2003 S types do have some issues like the transmissions and alot of electrical problems. The 2003 was the first year of the 4.2 engine and 6 speed transmission which is why they have some reliability issues. The price is reasonable so it would be a good idea to set some money aside for some needed repairs/maintenance. The spark plugs should have been changed at 80,000 miles so if they have not been then that is something which should be done.