Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XJ8: Can someone help me name the spare part ..... I

Can someone help me name the spare part .....

I have a 2004 XJ8. Under the front grille, just under the location of the licence plate there is a narrow inlet. On either side there are two small lights. Right next to them is a grey-ish plastic cover about six inches and oval in shape. I think i dropped the one on the right going over a speed bump. I don't think it serves any real purpose except cosmetic. Can you name that part so I can replace it.

Should I replace it. Is there something more pleasing than this grey plastic.

Thanks for your help.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.comit is actually just cosmetic and it is the fog lamp cover or filler. You will need to get it from the dealer however they will both need to be changed as they are all flat black and not the glossy gray color.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

many thanks. will attempt to purchase shortly. e