Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Jaguar XJ6: I have a 1995 Jaguar XJ6. It has been parked for

I have a 1995 Jaguar XJ6. It has been parked for about 6 months. The engine turns over fine but will not start. I have checked the fuses for the fuel pump and they are fine, I also removed the fuel filter and there is no fuel to that piont. Do you think its the fuel pump and lf so how do I test it? I checked for voltage at the pump but didn't seem to have power there. I am not sure which wire should be hot. It does have fresh fuel in it.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to

First I recommend you remove the small hose off the air intake tube and spray some carb cleaner into the intake while an assistant cranks the engine. If it will start n the spray then it is a fuel delivery problem. If it still will not start then it could be a bad crank sensor or even the ECU. If it starts on the spray then go to the fuel tank connector and you should have power on the red/yellow wire while the engine is cranking.