Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Jaguar X-Type: I bought a jag x type yesterday that cranks

I bought a jag x type yesterday that cranks but no start it threw a p0335 so I replaced the sensor, still no start, the battery is showing 75% charged but it it cranking really weak, I noticed the back part of the starter solenoid is burnt, could a strong battery but week starter cause the vehicle not to fire
Hello and welcome to

This is going to sound strange.
If the code was P0335 plus the crank no start it is usually caused by the battery. The battery may pass all tests and show good cranking voltage when testing. We found this by swapping out the battery with a new vehicle to see if it fixed the vehicle. Since you do not have the luxury of doing this it may be worth it to replace the battery. When replacing it look at the negative cable as they sometimes will corrode. As far as the starter normally they will not even crank but if there is a loss in voltage through either positive or negative cable it can also cause this.