Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Jaguar: Richard this is with regard to my XJ6 1996 which was

Richard this is with regard to my XJ6 1996 which was not starting for which you answered a few days ago . Three additional questions
A) Is it just the crankshaft sensor that needs to be replaced or the Top dead center sensor as well ?
B ) When I went to Advance auto parts they showed a 2 terminal crankshaft sensor and a 3 terminal one . There was a big difference in price . Which one is it ? 2 terminal or 3 ?
C ) They tell me that the relay for this item needs to be checked a well to see that it is getting power . Apparently it is blue and underneat the hood . Can you tell me where . Thanks . ZN
Hello and welcome to

On the six cylinder engine there is only one two pin crank sensor. The V12 has the two sensors. As far as the relay goes I am not sure which one they are referring to. I will send over a diagram showing the relay locations.
Click on the link.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is there a relay or fuse for the crankshaft sensor
No there is not.