Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar x type 2.5: X type 2001/2 engine cooling fans not cutting

X type 2001/2 engine cooling fans not cutting in in slow moving traffic engine overheats.
I guess its a faulty control module but can it be by passed and supply fans by a direct (fused) supply through a switch to enable manual switch on when heat builds up?
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

The ECM controls the fans through that module but it pulses the current to the module which in turn powers the fans. The problem with bypassing it is that you will only be able to supply full voltage to the fans so they would be running at 100 percent. This will cause damage to the fan motors.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi. understood., but just to clarify can you tell me if the two engine cooling fans at rear of radiator are related in any way to the climate control and or aircon ?

As i live in a normally cold area and only drive gently the engine temp is usually normal; the only time i became aware that the fans were not working was when caught up in very slow traffic for an hour yrsterday. I would like the ability to operate the fans manually if needed for a minute or so which i guess might not damage the fan motors on full voltage for very short periods??

without having to pay for a new module

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I will check the diagram and give you the wiring information.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
On the fan module the orange/yellow and orange/green are for the left hand fan. The red and green wires are for the right hand fan. You would need to apply both the power and ground to the fans in order for them to run.
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience: 12 years at a Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.