Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Jaguar S Type: I have a 2005 S-Type. My engine light came

I have a 2005 S-Type. My engine light came on and I had coils replaced three times due to the engine light. Well, it comes on again and I keep smelling something burning. When I use acceleration sometimes their is a shaking in my steering column. I have replaced transmission fluid and pan already.

Please help.
Hello and welcome to

Did you have the vehicle scanned for codes yet since the light came back on? Do you have a 6 or 8 cylinder engine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a 6 cylinder and yes it has been scanned for codes. I do not remember what the code is.

Ok if the codes were missfire or lean faults then I suspect we have vacuum leak from the intake. I see issues with the intake seals leaking. Also the IMT valve seals sometimes leak which can cause oil to drip onto the exhaust which may be your burning odor.