Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XF Supercharged: Just in the last week my 2009 Supercharged

Just in the last week my 2009 Supercharged XF has had the "engine tempearure high!" light come on when in stop and go traffic, or when pulling long uphills. Coolant & oil levels are good. It's not loosing any coolant. Electric fan is working. I've had it for 5 years, 79,000 miles and it's never happened before. I did hust put a rebuilt transmission in it 6 months ago. Any idea what would cause this?
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

I do see issues with those cooling fans but if in fact they are working then I suspect the engine coolant thermostat. It will most likely need to be replaced. Let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the quick response Richard. I'll change the t-stat and coolant (with Jaguar parts) after work today, and see if that does it.

Kevin Klinzing

Ok sounds good.