Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

Jaguar XKR 100: Hi, I have 2001 XKR 100 with built in Alpine

Hi, I have 2001 XKR 100 with built in Alpine sat nav system, the display is saying that I am outside the coverage area but I'm assuming the disc I have covers the whole of the UK?, the small GPS symbol in the top left corner is a grey colour which according to the hand book means not satalite signal being received, does the system need some kind of reset? Or will I need to go to Jag dealer for diagnostics? I understand that updates are no longer available but just would like it to work some shape!
Thanks,
Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Can I hav e the last six digits of your VIN? Is there a map displayed at all on the screen.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Last six on vin are A25964, there is a map showing but its London area and I am in Wales!

Thanks
The disc should cover all of the UK. There may be a problem with the disc so try removing it to see if it is damaged, dirty or scratched. Next go to the GPS information under the options menu and it will show the number of satellites visible. A grayed out indicator usually means no sats. If that is the case then we may have a problem with the module or antenna.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, where is antenna located and can it be changed or is it built into mudule in the dashboard or boot unit, disk appears fine and not damaged/ scratched!
The antenna is under th parcel shelf on the coupe and under the convertible top stowage compartment.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, can the antenna be change or will that not be the cause?
Yes it can be changed and can cause this since we are not receiving sat signals but we need to confirm this on the options menu. Again it can also be the module.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It does say on the module screen there are 0 satalite being recieved in the options menu!, so where exactly is the antenna?, had a quick look around under the rear parcel shelf above fuel cell but nothing obvious other than cable going to the high level rear brake light
Is this a coupe or convertible?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its a coupe
Ok it is under that parcel shelf. Let me see if I can locate some diagrams.

Interior Trim and Ornamentation - Parcel Shelf 2-Door

Removal and Installation

Removal

1. Remove rear seat cushion and squab. Refer to 76.70.37 and 76.70.38.
  1. Remove rear quarter casings. Refer to 76.13.73.
  1. Remove sub-woofer speaker cover and speaker. Refer to 86.51.05.

E36113

1. Remove rear parcel shelf.
    1. Slacken and remove the two rear parcel shelf securing screws, withdraw shelf and remove from vehicle.

Installation

1. Position and fully seat rear parcel shelf.
  1. Fit and tighten the two shelf securing screws.
  1. Fit sub-woofer speaker and cover. Refer to 86.51.05.
  1. Fit rear quarter casings. Refer to 76.13.73.
  1. Fit rear seat squab and cushion. Refer to 76.70.37 and 76.70.38.

Antenna

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks Richard, could I try reset first as in pulling the fuse or is there a software reset procedure?
I would go right to the module and disconnect all plugs for an hour.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok when you say module I take it you are talking about the unit in the dashboard? Or unit in the boot?
Sorry. The reader in the boot.