Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

Jaguar Vanden Plas: so im driving the jag and as im pulling

so im driving the jag and as im pulling up to park it goes into a rough idle (between 1-0 rpm) and shuts off. i trired to move it next day turns on ruff idle shuts of when i go in gear and when it actually stays on in gear i get 20 mph max and thats with me flooring it( and it only going to slighty above the 1 rpm) and when i hit the brake/ take my foot off the gas it shuts off.... feels like its acting like it is a fuel or compression problem i tested the fuel line and fuel is getting to all the injectors.. i see no vissible breaks in vacuum line which leads me to belive it might be an emissions control problem but that is just my humble d i y opinion i dont know enough about these engines.
Hi

I'd suspect a problem with the mass airflow meter
So it would be worth checking the wiring and connector to the airflow meter for any signs of corrosion or damage. you can do a quick fault find if you unplug the meter and run the engine without it.
if the engine condition is the same then chances are the meter or the connection to it is faulty

also worth checking the throttle position sensor is working correctly - unplug it and measure its resistance whilst slowly opening the throttle , the resistance should increase smoothly with no sudden jumps in resistance -if it does then replace the sensor