Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.

Jaguar s type diesel: hello. i have a 2.7 twin turbo diesel

hello. i have a 2.7 twin turbo diesel s type. the other day i got a parking brake fault on my dash and from then when i press the brake peddel the brakes want to go on fully. and stop the car dead. i cant see any dripps from undernaeth the car. so i dont think its a burst pipe. electric hand brake still works. can you please give me an idea of whare to look for the problem thank you
Hello and welcome to

If you drive the vehicle and let your foot off the gas does the vehicle feel like it is stopping on its own?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi, and thank you for your help. but no when i lft my foot off the throtel car slows down normally. no brakes comming on. i did however have a sqeaky brake pedal for a while which has disapeard now that the fault has arisen

Ok when you apply the brake does the pedal go to the floor and the vehicle not stop or do the brakes seem like they are grabbing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when i apply the foot brake the car wants to come to a full stop. and peddal goes to the floor, but if i lift the peddal with my left foot this stops the brakes from applying

Ok based on your description it sounds like we have a problem with that servo booster. This is the vacuum component that is behind the master cylinder. That servo will need to be replaced.