Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

03 jag x-type: 2.5l manual trans. @ 75 mph, rpms went up speed

03 jag x-type: 2.5l manual trans. @ 75 mph, rpm's went up speed went down, felt like driving on a washboard. rpm's came back down, speed went back up. Off the highway, pulling out from red light - loud "pow" then no movement - car shifts through all gears, but it's like the transmission is disconnected. Is this clutch, fly wheel, or internal workings?

Hello and welcome, Super mechanic here. Thank you for trusting us with your vehicle concerns, I will do my best to help you with your question.

.

.Please Don't Forget, the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service, and not this website itself or your vehicle.

.

If you need any more on it just let me know. Thanks

..

About your vehicle.

.

It sounds like the clutch was slipping and then after it got hot enough, when taking off from a stop the center part of the disc broke in 2.
.

graphic

Parts Information OEM Part # Price

Clutch Disc

Disc

C2S33393 $150.50
Labor Information Skill Level Mfg. Warranty Standard

Clutch Disc

Replace

Includes: R&I Engine And Transaxle.

B 15.8