Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience

Jaguar XJ6: How much should an air conditioning compressor

How much should an air conditioning compressor for a 1996. Jaguar xj6 cost. Are rebuilt compressors available. Best place online to buy new or rebuilt

Hello and welcome, Super mechanic here. Thank you for trusting us with your vehicle concerns, I will do my best to help you with your question.

.Please Don't Forget, the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service, and not this website itself or your vehicle.

If you need any more on it just let me know. Thanks

About your vehicle.

Although the factory price of the compressor is,

Parts Information
Part OEM Part Price
Compressor HVAC
Compressor MNA7300AB $1405.80
Labor Skill
Compressor HVAC
Replace B 1.0 1.4

There are many options for remanufacured ones. They are some new ones available on ebay as well as from after market suppliers, such as Autozone. You will want to go woth "Denso" brand, when possible, (short for Nippondenso). They are much more reasonable than the dealersip prices.